Friday, September 28, 2012

Is love battle?

The past few days I have been counseling a friend of mine through some silly love issues that he has been having. I couldn't help but to wonder, is love really a battlefield? Before you close the page saying "yo this broad has lost her mind", just read me out. For ages the sexes have been battling each other. Games of cat and mouse, like a Tom and Jerry cartoon. Or better yet like the Hatfields and the McCoys. But why? Some people say men are from Mars and women are from Venus. I am here to tell you we aren't.

Men and women alike all seek the same thing in a mate. Great sex, to feel loved, to have someone to wipe their asses when they are older, and to get the "look". Please don't confuse this with good looks. Physical appearances fade. If you are solely about looks then you will never be happy. Anyway, if you have ever gotten the "look" then you know what I am talking about. It's the look you get when someone accepts you flaws and all. The "Oh my god, you are so perfect" look. Meanwhile you got on holey underwear, look like you fell off the back of the car while it was moving, and socks that are suspect. You know the ones you found near the foot of the bed but didn't smell bad and looked clean so you wore them anyway.

The reason we play games is because everyone is afraid of getting hurt. So they give a little then take some back. Oh, you said something that hurt my feelings? now I have to build up 10 foot walls. Living with 10 foot walls will get you lonely and bitter as hell. Trust me. I had to learn to break down those dumb ass walls. I had to shed my bags. Shit my ass had a shopping cart full of baggage. I had to start looking at the bright side. Do I still complain? Hell yea, I'm a woman. I think we complain 80 percent of the time. But things have gotten way better.

I'm here to challenge my readers to stop building walls. Your feelings got hurt in the past that's nice. Write a poem, paint a picture, take a long walk and get over it. Don't take it out on the new guy or girl because it wasn't  their fault.  Be yourself, if they don't like who you are then chances are they don't really like you. But don't hate them for how they feel. Respect peoples feelings so your feelings are respected. Sometimes the very thing we want and need is standing in front of us the whole time and we are too busy trying to be masons building walls. Aside from keeping people from hurting you, you also keep people from really loving you.

Stop the war, love, and let yourselves be loved.

That's all for now...




No comments:

Post a Comment