Thursday, June 21, 2012

The party animal

Ever go to a party and there is that one person who is dancing up a storm? The person I am talking about is not the show stopper. You know the person who can really dance well... No! The person I am talking about is the one that is so off beat you are wondering, Are we in the same party listening to the same music? This is the person that dances to the beat of their own drum.

Now I am all for a great time. I am the person who is usually empathetic to the the party animal. I'll dance with them to boost their confidence and do silly dances with them so they do not feel awkward. It is great when it is a stranger. But what about when it is your own child?

Today we went to my youngest sons cousin's graduation party. It was very nice. Great music, Great Company, good food etc. Well my oldest son didn't want to eat because he had already eaten a ton before we had gotten there but instead he decided he wanted to dance. I am the type of parent that likes to let my kids have fun and find themselves. Well! My son is the party animal.

My daughter sat next to me totally embarrassed saying oh my goodness he is so embarrassing. I laughed and let him have a good time. Eventually I felt a little embarrassed. There was this little boy who had to be 9 and this kid was dancing like he was one of the lead dancers of a Chris Brown Video. So I tried to go to my sons rescue. Do you know that this kid had the nerve to run from me on the dance floor? I was trying to save him from his off beat pop lock and twisty two step wobbly leg.

That's when it hit me. He doesn't ever want to learn how to dance like everyone else. He loves being a party animal who dances to the beat of his own drum. I just hope he gets it together by High school. If not some girl will be really embarrassed at prom. :)

Do you know folks who are party animals? What is your reaction to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment