Saturday, August 24, 2013

break up worth your ex, do you break up with the family?

This is something that is always will be controversial.  People often wonder if it is ok to keep their relationship with the family after a break up. I am here to tell you that depending on the situation it may be ok but there is always a price. This is something I have experienced first hand. When my ex and I broke up the first time, although we were on bad terms I was on great terms woth his family.

I was determined to continue the relationship I had with his family for the sake of my son. Thinsgs weren't always great and there were plenty of awkward moments. especially durong the holidays when he would come around with his new girlfriend at the time. Her and I had issues that are no longer important. But back to the awkwardness of the situation. His mom would invite me and I would ask if they would be there. I would tell her I would come when they left.

Unlike alot of people I'd rather not purposely put myself in an awkward situation I may not be able to handle. So I felt like this caused a big strain on the friendship I had with her but she would never say. While I maintained my relationship with his mom I allowed the relationship I had with his cousins diminsish. I took a really big step back that I regretted later because I loved them like my own family.

Honestly if the relationship that you have with your exes family is real and not something that was just cordial because you were dating, you will know. The people would still reach out to you as if nothing has changed. My situation was different as there was a child involved. But there were days where I felt contining the relationships were not worth it. Thissi why ddeciding to break up with the family is something that you as the individual has to decide.

Now!!! If you never had a relationship with your exes family amd now all of a sudden you are reaching out to them to try to keep tabs on your ex then you are dead wrong. No one wants you hanging around talking shit all the time. Like seriously, go get a life. Join a dating site. Join a book club. Find a hobby. Find a therapist and move on with your life.

Anyone want to share some stories about their exes that befriend their families? Or vice versa?

No comments:

Post a Comment