Sunday, December 18, 2011

when your ___ does ____ it means ____

So for the past three weeks my left eye has been twitching. I am convinced that my kids have made me go crazy to the point that my eye twitches. Now I visited web MD and it said that a twitching eye can come from stress, lack of sleep and something else that was just stupid. Every time I tell someone else my eye is twitching I get a new concept as to why. People call these Old wives tales, today I want to discuss some of these old wives tales. I'm only going to hit on a few.

So upon telling someone my eye has been jumping/twitching I was asked is it the left or the right. I said the left and they said "oh that means something good is going to happen. If it’s the right eye that means it’s something bad." Now it sounded good so I smiled and said "Yay" Here I am Three weeks later and aint shit happen but a damn eye twitch. Don't get me wrong. I love blessings big and small but the way my eye was twitching you would think I have turrets.

So yesterday I was at a Jewelry party that my friend was hosting and my damn eye started twitching again. It gets pretty annoying. So i said something about my eye and pointed it out. My friend who is African, don’t ask me what country I forgot, she says "oh that means you are going to get money." I told her I might be about to strike it rich because my eye has been jumping for Three weeks.

Thus far I haven’t seen any of these things come to pass but I guess only time would tell... What are some other old wives tales that you have heard or believe in?

And please don’t say stepping in shit means you are going to get money. All you get is a shitty shoe and treated like a redheaded step child because you smell like shit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment