Monday, January 9, 2012

The pre flight gone wrong

Many people who go out to party usually partake in a pre-gaming ritual known as the preflight. The preflight is when people begin drinking while they are home so that when they reach their destination they do not have to drink as much or spend as much cash. Today I would like to speak to you about the preflight gone wrong.

There are many things that can go wrong with the preflight. The main thing I would like to discuss is getting too drunk and not being able to make it to your destination. The type of drunk I am speaking of is not your run of the mill drunk. I am talking about the praying to the toilet gods kind of drunk. This is the type of drunk that happens at the end of the night where people end up taking wonderful pictures of their friends passed out in shitty bathrooms on the floor. Except this doesn’t occur at the end of the night, it occurs at like 7 pm.

This weekend an old friend of mine was celebrating her 30th birthday. Everything was all set up. There were 2 places everyone was to hit up. One was a spot in the east village where you can get 5 shots for 10 dollars and a place in the west village where we were to attend a private karaoke party. Well needless to say my friend’s girlfriend and other wonderful friends decided to start her off early. By 7pm when I called to obtain the addresses it just so happened that she was praying to the toilet gods. About 7:30 I get a phone call from one of the family members, which i still need to apologize to stating "She doesn’t look like she is going to make it out but we will call you if anything changes."

I was a little upset because I had not made alternate plans and I had already crossed in to New York and paid 12 dollars for toll. I thought to myself what if I go home and I get a phone call saying "Hey we are going now". I told them to count me out for the night and decided to find other plans. I ended up having Starbucks with my older sister and playing counselor. Meanwhile in Spanish Harlem, my friend’s girlfriend and friends decided that Karaoke was going to be a must considering the space had already been reserved.

Well, they went to Karaoke without the birthday girl and I ended up joining them. Can you imagine, spending your 30th birthday lying next to the toilet bowl while everyone went out and enjoyed your party? Well I am going to say this was a lesson learned for my friend. With about an hour left of the private room who comes in the door? The Birthday Girl! We were all happy and releived she was able to make her party.

This goes to show you boys and girls while a pre-flight can get the party started, it can also make you miss your party if youare not careful.

Have any of you ever gone too far with the pre- flight?

No comments:

Post a Comment