Sunday, July 17, 2011

Crappy Care.....

I don’t think there is anyone I know who actually enjoys getting sick. Finding out you have to go to the hospital is even worse. My uncle was sent to the hospital the other day because his hand and arm were extremely swollen. Come to find out he has a blood clot. While he is getting better, he has the hospital blues. I honestly do not blame him, especially having to go to a NYC hospital that is extremely substandard.

I dub Bronx Lebanon Hospital one of the worst hospitals in the history of hospitals. On my visit with him yesterday my mom filled us in about how great that hospital is... Having worked there she knew a lot about the care and the facility. She told us stories of bedbugs, mice and insects. She also told us stories about how the night staff was rude and lazy. I mean, one patient complained about having called the nurse at 2am and when my mom had gotten to work @ 8am the patient was still waiting for someone to come.

My mother was sick the same day my uncle was and she ended up signing herself out of the hospital. The emergency room nurse who was tending to my mom decided it was ok to take a phone call during the time she was trying to draw my mother’s blood. Oh, so this is protocol? My mom's hand was so bruised when I saw it. I didn’t blame her for being upset.

I cannot fathom how people can treat other people that way, especially people in the medical field who take an oath to care for others.

I'm sure a lot of people have horror stories about this hospital and many others like it.
So if you ever get sick in the Bronx. I surely hope you do have to go to Bronx Lebanon.

No comments:

Post a Comment