Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hot in Hurr....

So ever since the days of the E-club in Yuma, Arizona I have not been able to escape this song. It was then and still is one of my favorite songs. Not because of the profound lyrics but because this beat used to fill me soul like something you can't even imagine. Man, i made Nina of the Nina pop look amateur when I danced to this. My favorite line was and still is, "checking your reflection and telling your best friend like, girl i think my butt getting big."

My best friend is blessed with the ass and I had the breast. While I do have a mean under booty. You know, the kind that's fat on the bottom and flat on top, she was the " good gracious ass is bodacious". So standing next to her I always felt substandard. It really is a nice ass tho. But I digress. I was reminded of this song like 2 years ago when I had met up with an old friend that I hadn't seen in a while and knew since my days in the Corps. He invited me to his house because some friends were over and they still had the DJ equipment set up from a party the weekend before. So we were hanging out for a while and he stops and says "I'll be back, I got something for you." He goes upstairs and as he is coming downstairs it comes on. "Its getting hot in here so take off all your clothes."

I laughed and told him that he took it way back on that one, as he reminded me that I sang that song ALL the time and used to drive I'm crazy with it. To me it was an eye opener. Him and I had always had a special kind of relationship. Very much love- hate. Me, throwing him out in the middle of the night, and him referencing me to the girl from the big comfy couch. Yes, I didn't talk to him for a long time after that one but I guess our score was even. For him to go out of his way and play this song for me which was he furthest thing from my mind I knew I held a special place.

Today with this heat I thought about him and this song and about 4:30 today he texted me talking about the song. a few minutes ago a friend of mine posted the link on FB and I figured maybe i should write about it.

This song for me signifies: Good Friends, Great dancing, Great Sex, and the day I realized I was in love with Mangus. (Who ironically enough just drunk dialed me singing. lol)
Anyway, for those who know this song, enjoy. For those who don't well, welcome to my nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment