Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dealing with Dummies

Dumb people are all around us. They span over every race, color and creed. There is no age limit or nor does it depend on religion. The terrible thing about dealing with dummies is that they are everywhere. They are in your house, at your job, in your church, at the stores, in schools etc. These people can even be in YOUR HOUSE. Hell, it could very well be you.

I must say today must have been a day where dumb people decided to unite and have a revolution because boy were they out today! Or maybe we are just in an age of idiocracy. I bet you can count on 2 hands or more, the amount of dumb people you have encountered in your life. How many dummies have you dealt with today?

There are days where my patience is extremely thin and I cannot escape this epidemic. We all have our Dumbass moments at one time or another, like falling off the sidewalk. Dumb people are usually dumb because they lack common sense. There was a time in my life that I thought common sense could be learned. I am not officially convinced that the has to be some type of genetic coding that determines the amount of common sense a person is born with.

This brings me to a solution for dealing with dummies. I think we all need to walk around with socks full of stress balls and baby powder. This is really not an original idea. I think the character Homey the Clown from in loving color had the right idea. I do know that public humiliation is not really a good way to set an example but honestly some people need some sense knocked into them.

Can you imagine yourself walking into a meeting with a group of people and having everyone coming out full of baby powder because at one time or another during the meeting they lacked common sense? To some people this would be unprofessional but in my opinion it will make a person think twice about saying or doing something stupid to spare themselves the embarrassment. It would be like wearing the letter A during puritanical times.

With that being said how do you deal with the dummies in your life? What are some of the dumb things you have had to endure?


I leave you with a clip of Homey the clown a character from In Living Color a show that has been off the air for a while.

**Disclaimer** While I do think it’s funny to smack sense into people who lack intelligence in hopes that they would get some sense. I am not telling you to go out there and do it. If you get yourself arrested please do not call or blame me. I will not bail you out and if you try to sue. Well, I have a disclaimer. Also I do not share the ideals of the video link. It is just to prove a point.


No comments:

Post a Comment