Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shaky Shakey we had a quakey.

While the whole east coast was in mass hysteria thinking the world was coming to an end because we had a tremor. I was thinking my place was about to collapse because it is old as hell. The thought of an Earthquake was a totally secondary thought. I have PANEL walls for God's sake. I thought I was going nuts when I asked my landlord if he felt the house shake and he gave me that are you on drugs look. Maybe they thought my kids were home jumping around acting a fool and thought nothing of the house shaking.

I turned to Fox News to see what was going on. For some reason I couldn't find CNN but I digress. They were pretty cool about it. Once they figured out that no structures were damaged and everything was good to go the reporter said "So we had a little shake Japan and California are laughing at us right now. Everyone can relax now." This was the same thing I was thinking. Having had lived in California for a few years I have experienced an earthquake before. This could be why my attitude was so nonchalant.

I do want to say that people get extremely stupid during disasters. People were saying "Oh my Gosh my cell phone isn't working." I mean did it occur to anyone that all the networks would be jammed because everyone was trying to call at once? 4G doesn’t stand for 4GOD network. They don't perform telephone miracles. These networks are not prepared for extreme amounts of traffic. Hmm... LIGHTBULB! Maybe someone should work on that. Create a phone network that never crashes. I would have thought Apple would have an app for that but they don't.

Another great idea is that Apple should be making an app to warn people if an earthquake is coming. It can be called iQuake. When there is plate movement it can send an alert to the phone thus warning the owner of a possible quake. I know someone will steal my idea but such is life. I think it’s funny. Imagine someone having sex while having the iQuake app. Phone would be like WOMP WOMP WOMP earthquake. WOMP WOMP WOMP. Then a guy could use a cheesy line like look baby today is the day you made the earth move.

While I am making light of this I do take things seriously. Sometimes. *looks for lightening*



No comments:

Post a Comment