Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just my luck

Saturday I have the pleasure of attending my cousin's wedding. He is marrying an amazing woman but this is not what this entry is about. I want to talk about my life leading up to the wedding and how "lucky" I am.

Ok so when I got the invitation in like MAY I sent it out right away with my plus 1. I just knew I would have a date. I asked someone and my offer was accepted. 2 weeks before the wedding I got some bad news. My date forgot his family reunion was te same weekend as the wedding. I was intially upset but I had to be understanding. I mean it is his family reunion.

So I just knew I would find a replacement date because I am a pretty woman and an awesome date. Determined to find a new date I began to ask some of my friends. Well wouldnt you know all these bastards had to work. I mean why would working be more important than being my designated driver? I mean date. Just for the record the last question was retorical. Please do not text or inbox me why money is better than me.

So yesterday was my cut off day for letting my cousin's fiance know if i was going stag or with my plus 1. Well, I will be going stag and now i wont be able to drink. Just my luck.

So today is 4 days away from te wedding, although my date couldnt make it he did hook me up so i could get a pedi and mani. <3 He is such a sweetheart. So after work I am so excited and I make my way to the nail salon in my area which is usually awesome. As I drive up I see a sign that says they have a special from monday - wednesday. It was a great deal. So I figure with the left over money I could get my catepillars plucked.

So I get the pedicure and everything is going well. THen its time to get my eyebrows done. My son was all over the place and he ended up bumping the lady who ended up dropping wax in my eye lashes. While she was able to get the wax out of my eyeslashes, she couldn't fix my eyebrows that she jacked up. One of my eyebrows looks decent. The other one looks like What the fuck. I asked the other lady if there was any way to fix it she said, "yes you have to let it grow back" Just my luck.


I go to my son's grandmothers house and we are hanging out. Everything was great. Then my son gets dropped back off from his dad. The boyy stepped on my toe and messed it up. Just my luck.


At this rate I am going to hide under my blanket for the rest of the night. I am going to pray for tomorrow to go better.

No comments:

Post a Comment