Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Hurricane Turn around


Everyone in the world should know by now that Hurricane Irene is headed towards the northeast. It's all they talk about on the news and local channels. There are a lot of areas that are in mandatory evacuation. Mass transit is being shut down early tomorrow. This is a really serious occurrence. Let's think about it, the MTA who is always starving for money is shutting down!

I hear a lot of people saying they are not leaving their house for evacuation measures. I am guessing these fools must have forgotten about Hurricane Katrina. Fools were standing on houses and swimming by in bath tubs because they didn't want to evacuate. I'd rather be safe than sorry. If I lived in one of these areas or an area that prone to flooding during regular storms, you better believe I would have been out of here.

I really hope the hurricane turns around into the atlantic and doesnt affect us as bad. If not fortunately for me, I live a little inland and on a hill so the River would have to turn into a monsoon for me to be affected. With that being said we are getting ready to stay indoors and hug each other scared to death if this storm is as bad as they say. I think we have everything we need to survive.

Here is my list:

Batteries
Flashlight
First aid stuff
Water
Baby wipes
B.O.B.
Juice
Nutra grain and granola bars
Crackers
Apples
Dry cereal
Fruit snacks
Apple sauce
Peanut butter and jelly
Bread


I know people are wondering why I don’t have canned goods on my list but I have them what good is a can of tomato sauce going to do for me if I don't have electricity to make tomato soup? Cold corned beef reminds me of dog food. Let's not talk about Vienna sausages. I think I just threw up in my mouth. So I have prepared with stuff I know I will eat.

The only thing that I don't have that I wished I did was a boo thing (companion). You say who would think about sex in a time like this? *raises hand* Why not get your rocks off? Plus if there is an emergency I need to use someone as a shield. Wait men aren't accessories? Let me stop, I know that is not nice.

So the day before the storm is supposed to arrive (today). I decided I am making a really big unhealthy meal. You don’t know if we will have power, water and gas. So I figured we can get nice and happy tonight. I made barbeque chicken wings, Collard greens with smoked turkey wings and Jazzed up Kraft macaroni and cheese. I have to make a beer run too. This way if we have to eat like 1st graders at lunch for the next 3 days we can remember out last good meal.

Anyway, I hope everyone in the path of the hurricane stays safe from harm. Please take heed to the precautions given by the news and authorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment