Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's only a penny

First, I apologize for not posting for the past 3 days. BUT IM BACK BITCHES :)

This morning I went to the Dunkin donuts to get a coffee and a roll. My normal Dunkin donuts drive up girl wasn't there. Now yes I am slightly neurotic and sometimes change makes me uneasy. So I drive around to pay and yes I am counting my pennies. I have a purse full of pennies that no one seems to want all at once. So if something is 3.64 I am paying those 4 cents in pennies.

So I hand the girl the money and one of the pennies drop (not to be confused with panties.)She says "Oh, its ok it's only a penny." I told her it wasn't ok and I gave her the penny. I know she was upset but I am not about to argue about 1 cent. She should be happy I was trying to pay.


Anyway I know a penny is only 1 cent but in my eyes it is still currency. 100 pennies give you a dollar. And yes it takes a long time to make that dollar out of pennies but its still money. I used to say oh it's only a penny until I got smart. The rich don't get rich by throwing away money. You have to start somewhere. Maybe once they are caking all that money a penny means nothing to them but on their road to riches every penny counted.

With knowing that, when you see a penny do you pick it up? Are you one of those people who don't think much of small currency? Why or why not?

2 comments:

  1. "Not to be confused with panties" lmao

    ReplyDelete
  2. sheesh... lol you know people drop panties all the time (thats what i meant to say)

    ReplyDelete